EY is looking for Senior Manager in Statutory Audit.
Your key responsibilities
– Networking- Creates and manages good independent relationships with clients’ senior management
– Good Commercial Acumen- Provides a perspective to clients on trends and emerging practices in the local and global market in relation to client’s operations
– Client Management- Lead role in execution of client service and begins to serve as a Trusted Business Advisor, use in-depth knowledge of the client to anticipate and address complex issues
– Business Development- Lead preparation of high quality proposals including developing the fees/entry strategy
– Contributes to the profitability of the firm- Generates additional work from existing clients and supports in selling new client proposals
– Leads and coordinates the planning and management of assignments with guidance from the partner
– Manages projects and processes- Balances multiple priorities by considering risk, importance, level of urgency, political impacts and other linkages
– Technical competence & strategic thinking- Demonstrates a good level of technical knowledge and judgment and has the ability to develop well-reasoned and researched arguments on client issues, demonstrates expertise in auditing telecom companies.
– Risk management – Provides pertinent guidance and advices to colleagues on quality or risk management issues, enables colleagues to address risk and quality issues by providing advice based on his experience
– Knowledge management- Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts, reviews and continually improves processes so that the team and the firm capture and leverage knowledge
– Leadership & Team work- Creates a climate of high performance in the team, promotes a good understanding of his team’s goals and contribution
– Counseling and people development- Proactively provides guidance on development of technical, interpersonal and soft skills to improve competence of the team members and counselees
– Exhibit professional demeanor- Look and sound professional, demonstrate appropriate conduct
Skills and attributes for success
– Should have handled statutory audit assignments earlier
– Must have strong knowledge of auditing & accounting standards
– Strong exposure in auditing manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical industries etc. Good presentation skills and ability to respond promptly
– Ability to prioritize work on multiple assignments & manage ambiguity
– Should be a team player with a proactive & result oriented approach
To qualify for the role you must have
– Qualified Chartered Accountant
– 5-8 years of post-qualification experience
Ideally you’ll also have
– Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
– Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
– Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
– Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.